Student Hourly - IT Assistant Programmer - 12890BR
Student Hourly - IT Assistant Programmer
2. 15% - Research and develop solutions to problems or as specified by functional needs of the project and notate accordingly.
3. 10% - Collaborate with project staff, clients, other developers/designers and others to understand and contribute to project needs and maintain a broader view of the project and potential for growth.
4. 10% - Ensure web application interfaces meet needs of various end users (e.g., teachers, staff website administrators, etc.) via user analysis testing and other means, and act as primary technical support for end-users.
5. 5% - Communicate frequently with the Research Project Director to provide status reports, review GoogleAnalytics data, and conceptualize website features and adjustments.
- Students holding student hourly appointments must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours each semester during the academic year. Enrollment of one credit hour during the summer session is required if the student was not enrolled the previous spring or is not pre-enrolled in the upcoming fall term.
- Experienced web developer using HTML and CSS, including URLs provided as samples of work, as evidenced in application materials.
- Experience customizing a content management system (CMS) such as Joomla, Drupal, WordPress using: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, as well as designing relational tables and performing complex queries using an SQL-based language, as evidenced in application materials.
- Experience incorporating effective user interface considerations and designs with web application development, as evidenced in application materials.
- Junior or Senior standing required, preferably a graduate student.
- Experience producing technical documentation.
- Two or more years demonstrated experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar products.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills with a record of being reliable, flexible, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Federal Work Study eligible is preferred.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of the following:
b. WordPress (including customized backend PHP development)
c. Responsive Web Design
d. Application/ Web Security
e. Writing and maintaining documentation
h. Linux Administration
i. Version control software
j. Google Analytics