Student Hourly-KSPA Programming Assistant - 10982BR
Student Hourly-KSPA Programming Assistant
The Kansas Scholastic Press Association is the go-to organization for student journalism programs throughout Kansas. When student publications need help, they come to us. When students want their work critiqued, we make it happen. When journalism teachers need advice, we are there for them. For more than 40 years, KSPA has helped make Kansas high school journalism amazing. Your work would be helping to extend that legacy of greatness.
So, what would you do? You would help make our contests and events as educational, exciting and organized as possible. We also aim to enlarge our social media connection with students during the coming year, and this hiring is aimed at that goal. And finally, our member publications love contests: you would help to administer our new contest system and announcing results.
- Journalism major or minor, admitted into the School of Journalism
- Skills in Wordpress to post and manage web content, as evidenced by application materials
- Skills in using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, as evidenced by application materials
- Experience with using Google Drive, as evidenced by application materials
- Skills in writing for journalism and strategic communications
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments)
- Interest in scholastic journalism and promoting free expression
- Interest or experience in event planning
- Interest in continuing work into the 2018-2019 Academic Year
Additional Candidate Instructions
If available, please provide a link to a portfolio of journalistic and strategic communication work including writing samples, design work, photography and/or videography.
To ensure consideration, submit an application by 11:59pm on February 15, 2018.