Student Hourly- Managing Director, Center for Community Outreach - 10975BR
Student Hourly- Managing Director, Center for Community Outreach
1. Hiring Executive Staff, including Development, Communications, and Creative Directors.
2. Selecting CCO Program Coordinators.
3. Supervising all CCO Programs and Program Coordinators.
- Coordinate weekly meetings with programs to ensure goal setting and optimal programming.
- Assign Program Coordinator office hour tasks.
- Ensure yearly notebooks updates.
- Give documentation opportunities to coordinators and volunteers.
- Managing and tracking the yearly budget.
6. Encouraging and facilitating collaborative events and programs within the CCO programs.
7. Organizing CCO Coordinator Fall and Spring retreats.
8. Attending CCO Executive Staff meetings.
9. Working with CCO Advisor on CCO programming.
10. Assisting in Peer Advising Program by advising up to 6 programs as well as both the Creative and Communications Directors.
11. Participating in the planning of the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day festivities with the Office of the Vice Provost of Student Affairs.
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at KU.
- Evidenced commitment to community outreach and service.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others as evidenced in application material.
Additional Candidate Instructions
In lieu of a cover letter, please write a response to these two questions:
- A large part of the Managing Director’s position includes overseeing CCO program coordinators. This includes recognizing when coordinators succeed but also recognizing and communicating with coordinators when they have not fulfilled their duties. What skills or experience do you have that will assist you in communicating expectations to the program coordinators?
- The summer is an important time to plan and set goals for the upcoming academic year. What other time commitments (positions, jobs, obligations) will you have during the upcoming summer? Also, please mention other time commitments you will have during the academic year. Please be specific.