Student Hourly Marketing Assistant - 13173BR
Student Hourly Marketing Assistant
This is a position in which KU students will actively promote and market KU Recreation Services (KURS) to students, faculty and staff of the KU Community.
RECREATION SERVICES MARKETING ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Work tabling events at various locations on campus (Wescoe Beach, Kansas Union, etc.)
- Set up and visit student organizations to provide information about KURS.
- Set up and visit Greek houses to provide information about KURS.
- Post information in dorms and buildings across campus.
- Create, post, and schedule social media posts for events and notifications for KURS.
- Do Facebook Live videos as necessary for events for KURS.
- Promote KURS special events as necessary/as they come up.
- Assist in developing and delivering a marketing plan to promote KURS.
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at KU.
- Must know how to post/schedule in social media platforms.
- Preferred major in: Journalism, Marketing Communications, Strategic Communications, Public Speaking, or similar.
- Must feel comfortable approaching people.
- Excited to share information about KURS.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Must apply online, attaching both a cover letter and resume.
- This position requires routine travel to different locations on campus.
- Must be able to work together with other Marketing Assistants.
- Have high development of verbal communication skills.