Student hourly - Spahr Engineering Library - 10498BR
Student hourly - Spahr Engineering Library
- Provide helpful and friendly assistance to library users in a variety of ways including in-person, telephone, and by email
- Answer library user questions and provide general information, directional guidance, and referrals to University sources, using appropriate library resources and the Internet
- Check out and return books, periodicals, and other library materials
- Make referrals to library faculty and staff when appropriate
- Perform variety of collection maintenance duties including shelving and lifting
- Assist users with and maintain library equipment
- Work independently of supervision when necessary
- Other related duties as assigned
Position Requirements -
1. Maneuver heavy book trucks.
2. Maintain assigned work schedule and commit to ongoing training in addition to work schedule.
2.Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service to library users.
3.Recent public service work and/or volunteer experience.
4.Library work experience and/or familiarity with KU Libraries as a user.
5.Well-developed computer and research skills including knowledge of Voyager library system, database and web searching, and word processing.
7.Availability to work all year including breaks.
8.Knowledge of Library of Congress and classification system.