Student Hourly - Sport Clubs Supervisor - 10976BR
Student Hourly - Sport Clubs Supervisor
The Sport Club Supervisor reports to the Assistant Director of Sport Clubs. Supervisors will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the Sport Club Program, including, but not limited to: event management, practice supervision, office coverage, data collection, risk management, implementing policies and procedures, and equipment inventory.
- Attend all mandatory staff training sessions and staff meetings.
- Provide home event coverage (games, practices, seminars, tournaments, etc.).
- Preventative risk management duties.
- Responding to emergency situations.
- Provide conflict resolution at events or between clubs.
- Enforce all policies and procedures.
- Assist in all Sport Club Program initiatives, including club training sessions and meetings.
- Transportation of equipment for events at Shenk Complex to Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center via personal and/or state vehicle.
- Attend monthly Sport Club Council meetings
- Maintain databases (waivers, equipment, practices, events, etc.)
- Must be an enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at KU.
- Be CPR/AED certified or attain certification within 4 weeks of employment (training provided).
- Completed NFHS Concussion in Sport Certification within 4 weeks of employment (information provided).
- Possess a general knowledge of sports through experiences referenced in application materials.
- Prior experiences working independently, without a hands-on Program Manager consistently present.
- Prior involvement in serving students.
- A basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Publisher as evidenced through application materials.
- Must have a current Driver’s license and effective means of transportation.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Experience in coordinating and supervising events
- Past work experience providing positive customer service and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated knowledge of advising/supervising organizations and/or individuals
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Awareness of safety concerns and risk management
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Additional Candidate Instructions
Online application, cover letter, resume and 3 professional references.
- Current CPR/AED certification or willingness to obtain.
- 15 hours per week.
- Available to work office hours Monday-Friday.
- Available to work on weekends.