Student Hourly - 11496BR
The position requires 10 hours per week including weekly supervision and monthly trainings and will offer an hourly salary of $10. Anticipated start date is August 13, 2018 and will require a commitment for the entire 2018-2019 academic year.
- Good academic standing as undergraduate or graduate student.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at KU.
- Leadership and teamwork skills (i.e., self-motivated, well-organized, able to share responsibility, assertive, receptive to feedback, creative thinking) as demonstrated by application and interview content.
- Shown experience in ability to work with a diverse team.
- Schedules must be flexible to provide outreach services on days/times requested by campus organizations or departments and drop-in peer listening hours, as permitted by class schedule.
- Able to attend required weekly MHPE team meeting.
- Demonstrated experience and interest in working in college mental health with a diverse student population.
- Openness to learning about self and others of diverse backgrounds.
- Effective and empathetic listening skills.
- Interest in increasing awareness about mental health issues and treatment.