Student Mobile App Programmer - 10686BR
Student Mobile App Programmer
This position will develop a smartphone and tablet application. We need a talented student to assist with creating a Mobile App Program. This individual will assist with the initial build of a phone and tablet application. The successful applicant will spend up to 20 hours per week developing an application for Android. The app will need to run natively on the smartphone or tablet and securely transmit data to a server. The successful applicant will have skills or training in full-stack web development. We seek someone who will be responsible for unit testing and quality assurance resulting in a user-friendly and reliable application. We hope the successful applicant will be able to quickly fix “bugs,” and solve programming and conceptual problems. This position will require regular attendance at team meetings and the ability to meet deadlines. Our research team is a highly collaborative group that values good ideas, independent thinking, and enthusiasm for problem solving. We are seeking an applicant who shares our view that problems are a challenge to be overcome rather than a barrier to success.
- Meet regularly with senior lab members regarding application needs and design
- Develop mobile phone and tablet application to run natively on a smartphone (Android) to securely transmit data to a server
- Provide database development and administration/oversight
- Assist with graphic design of smartphone application
- Perform basic statistical analyses, as needed, using SPSS and Excel
- Current enrollment in at least 6 credit hours as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Previous experience or classroom training in mobile programming (Android) as evidenced in the application materials.
- Previous experience or classroom training in full-stack web development as evidenced by the application materials.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins January 10, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, please apply by January 10th.