Student Office Assist (Summer Orientation Assist) - Federal Work Study - 11591BR
Student Office Assist (Summer Orientation Assist) - Federal Work Study
- Coordinates information packets for summer orientation.
- Assists with logistical arrangements for summer orientation, including meeting incoming student and their parents. Hands out orientation materials.
- Plans and coordinates debriefing and satisfaction assessment conversations throughout the summer.
- Assists with student enrollment.
- Assumes special assignments and other duties as designated by the advising team.
- A University Honors Program student and in good academic standing as stated in application materials.
- Customer service experience either in a volunteer or professional setting as demonstrated by application materials.
- Demonstrated comfort in public speaking arrangements as indicated in application materials.
- Availability to work shifts, beginning at 11:00 a.m. up to 4:30 p.m., most Tuesdays through Fridays in June and July.
- For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- Previous experience with coordinating and executing student programs.
- Demonstrated ability to organize information and schedule activities.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of University offices and academic programs.
- Experience in education, recreation, or after school programming.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software especially Word, Power Point, and Excel.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Initial review of applications begins April 20, 2018 and will continue until a qualified applicant pool has been identified.
Estimated Start Date: May 20, 2018.