Student- Veteran Liaison- (VA Work Study Only) - 14173BR
Student- Veteran Liaison- (VA Work Study Only)
This is a courtesy posting for the Military-Affiliated Student Center. This position will be funded through the Department of Veteran Affairs.
Please visit VA’s Work Study page to determine eligibility for this position.
Daily responsibilities include assisting with dissemination of general inquiries about VA benefits and services; providing assistance to current and prospective students with questions about KU’s military-affiliated student services, VA benefits processes, etc. via phone, email and/or in person; maintaining and organizing veteran-related files; etc.
- KU student in good standing and enrolled in a minimum of three credit hours (depends on eligibility).
- VA Work Study eligible. To determine eligibility, visit: the VA’s Work Study page.
- Familiarity with PCs and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook as described in application materials.
- Experience working independently and efficiently as demonstrated in application materials
- Prior experience in an office/customer service setting.
- Ability to work with a wide range of students, prospective students, faculty, and staff.
- Prior experience in web design, editing, or use of CMS.
- Effective written communication skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
This is a courtesy posting for the Military-Affiliated Student Center. This position will be funded through the Department of Veteran Affairs. Please visit VA’s Work Study page to determine eligibility for this position.
Complete an online application for each semester you wish to work (and indicate which semester you are applying for in cover letter). Please include a cover letter and resume, along with course schedule if you have it (schedule can also be turned in at a later date). You must qualify for VA Work Study to apply for this position. Your VA benefits must be certified for the upcoming semester before you can start Work Study, so make sure to complete VA benefits paperwork ASAP.
Application Review Begins: April 21, 2019 for Summer Work Studies; May 10, 2019 for Fall Work Studies.
Anticipated Start Date: Flexible prefer between May 15, 2019 for Summer Work Studies; August 1st for Fall Work Studies.