Temporary Assistant Researcher Senior - 10909BR
Temporary Assistant Researcher Senior
- Understand business needs for analysis and report development. Transform existing data sets into data sources by recognizing the limitations of a data set, restructuring the data, and creating joins with other data sets and new variables.
- Utilize scripting languages such as Python or R for data preparation. Document and track versions.
- Track and coordinate deliverables, work plan, and timelines to ensure completion and high quality of work.
- Assist with data science training and support for team members.
- Maintain and secure data, manage data files, transformations, and preparation
- Support partner programs in accessing and using their data.
- Support initiative and team leads in their efforts to improve social problems using innovative data approaches.
- Design, create, and maintain interactive business intelligence (BI) reports and analytics solutions including data visualizations and dashboards in Tableau.
- Assess requirements for BI reports and translate requirements into interactive solutions suitable for different audiences (e.g., community stakeholders, policy makers, scholars).
- Identify opportunities for machine learning with Python.
- Implement and deploy developed reports to live application environments.
- Manage integration of datasets between CPPR analytics tools and BI tools.
- Identify, develop or support data files, syntax, and analysis plan for evaluation and research projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in physics, mathematics, computer science or related field and three years of related experience.
- Demonstrated data management and analytics experience using a variety of software packages or tools
- Demonstrated experience writing SQL code
- Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated by application materials and previous work history.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, as demonstrated in application materials and work experience.
- Master’s degree or higher in physics, mathematics, computer science or related field
- One year of experience working with Git or similar version control tools
- One year of experience using business intelligence software, such as Tableau.
- One year of experience using Python or related tools
- One year of data science experience.
- Experience working with data in the social service field
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begin on Febryary 11, 2018, and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date. This position is between 10 to 30 hours per week and expected to last at least through August 31st, 2018.