Temporary Student Services Representative - 10528BR
Temporary Student Services Representative
Enrollment Financial Aid and Admissions Services consolidates services for continuing students and serves as a referral agent to other units as needed. The goal of the center is to not only provide accurate, friendly and consistent service to students, but to also proactively identify methods to enhance the student experience at the University by decreasing bureaucracy, reducing student bounce and increasing student time to enable focus on academic endeavors.
This position entails:
- Providing proactive, accurate and friendly service in response to forms, questions. and requests from current and/or prospective students, parents, and/or guest via a variety of channels – document submission, phone, in-person, email and potentially chat and text.
- Using resource materials to accurately, quickly and consistently work processes and to answer questions concerning campus visits, admissions, financial aid and enrollment as well as process form intake and do basic data entry.
- For times that are assigned to provide service via phones rather that in person, the assignment will be in a fast-paced high volume call center environment.
- Completes basic data entry including but not limited to visit attendance/registration enrollment transactions, diploma delivery, document imaging/linking, and Hawk Help service ticket creation/completion.
- Ensures inbound service and forms progress through appropriate workflow in a timely fashion.
- Maintains high level of accuracy and confidentiality in any processing.
- Reviews submitted forms for completeness and accuracy.
- The position will be assigned either phones or in-person student service, both of which are fast-paced and high volume.
- Greets prospects and their guests, students and other visitors and sets a positive tone for interaction demonstrating responsibility and respect for others.
- Responds to and solves service inquiries in a positive, professional, accurate, and timely manner via multiple channels including but not limited to phone, email, and in-person, with the goal of minimizing office “bounce” and anticipating secondary service needs to determine the best course of action.
- Monitor admissions, registrar, financial aid and student information systems email accounts via Hawk Help and determine appropriate provision of service or escalation.
- Exhibits knowledge of important federal, state, and institutional deadlines and provides reminders to students as appropriate.
- May serve as “greeter” to ensure student check-in and timely response to questions.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable policies and procedures for tasks within Enrollment Management departments and academic & business units.
- Provide educational advice to inform students of self-service functions and offer assistance in completing the process via self-service as needed.
- Assist with outgoing document production and mailing.
- Assist with mailing and shipping projects as needed.
- Responsible for keeping materials stocked on the information displays and daily upkeep of the Visitor Center and Strong Hall lobbies.
- Monitor admissions, registrar, financial aid and student information systems email accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or completion of G.E.D. equivalency
- 1 years’ office experience or 1 year of post-secondary education.
- 1 year of customer service experience
- Excellent written communication skills as evidenced by the application materials.
- Outstanding oral communication skills including the ability to communicate and interact in a diverse cultural environment
- Strong customer service orientation.
- One year of student services experience.
- Full time work experience at the University of Kansas.
- Familiarity with Financial Aid processes, procedures.
- Familiarity with Enrollment processes, procedures.
- Familiarity with Admissions processes, procedures
- One year work experience in a fast paced, high volume service center.
- Experience in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions or similar student information system
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Demonstrated ability to work with detail and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
This is a temporary pool position. Applications will be reviewed as staffing is needed and applicants contacted at that time.