Test Development Assistant - 12312BR
Test Development Assistant
Persons hired for these positions will work part time (4-20 hours/week) on an as needed basis at the Lawrence campus to support the development of instructional and assessment resources for multiple projects.
Current and former classroom teachers with an expertise in English language arts, mathematics, or science, and/or students with significant cognitive disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Temporary part-time test development assistants will support the work of the full-time test development staff at various stages during the test development process. Responsibilities include but are not limited to reviewing, evaluating, and revising test content; and developing new test content.
30% - Learn established item writing practices and standards. Develop test content using established item writing practices and standards. Participate in internal reviews of revised test content.
- Bachelor's degree in a designated field or teacher certification in an appropriate field
- Knowledge of K-12 English language arts, mathematics, or science academic content
- Attention to detail in written work as evidenced in application materials
- Excellent oral and written communication in English as evidenced by application materials and interview
- Self-direction with assigned work tasks as evidenced by current or previous work experience
- Expertise using technology, including Microsoft Office products, Skype, and web-interfaces as evidenced by previous work experience
- Teaching experience in English language arts, mathematics , or science
- Experience working with or instructing students with significant cognitive disabilities
- Experience with or knowledge of large-scale assessments, test content development, state testing, and/or academic standards
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins July 18, 2018 and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date.