Test Development Specialist - 15570BR
Test Development Specialist
Test development specialists will support the production of operational assessments by assisting with test development efforts, including item development, internal and external review, and quality assurance. Test development specialists will help with the workflow of content at multiple stages of the development process and designing and delivering training to item writers, internal staff, and external reviewers. Test development specialists will contribute to documentation about test development processes, training plans, and instructional supports. Successful applicants should have experience with one or more of the following: science education, special education, and/or test development.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), unclassified position at the Lawrence campus, with occasional off-site meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree or 1 year of teaching, large-scale assessment, or curriculum development experience in science education, special education, and/or related field
- At least one year of experience using technology including Microsoft Office products, Skype, and/or other web-based systems as evidenced in application materials
- Work experience that required organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail in written work as evidenced in application materials
- Experience that required working both independently and as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English as evidenced by application materials and interview
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- At least one full year of prior teaching experience in science, or special education, especially with students with significant cognitive disabilities
- Prior experience with test development, especially alternate assessment as evidenced by application materials and interview
- Experience with content management systems or quality control procedures
- Prior experience with coordinating projects as evidenced by application materials and interview
- Ability to make informed decisions, troubleshoot problems, and recommend solutions
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment as evidenced in prior work experience and interview process
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application review begins September 22, 2019 and continues until the position is filled.