Trainer Senior - 12896BR
- Proactively addresses and responds to O.D. issues by bringing key stakeholders together to assess root causes and performance gaps, implementing and/or supporting implementation of appropriate interventions, including strategic planning, tactical and project planning, facilitation, instruction, program design, materials development and performance analysis.
- Provides coaching, facilitation , team development, whole systems analysis, process reengineering and organization development services in consultation with team members and senior management to implement organization improvement initiatives and assure alignment with the university?s strategic plans.
- Identifies and uses instruments and surveys to analyze individual and group behavior and recommends strategies for making needed changes.
- Influences and supports changes in organizational behavior. Serves as an internal consultant to facilitate team building; resolving work group conflict; and assists with change management processes.
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers, instructors, or other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with learning partners and L&D staff to design and develop courses; aligning key goals with learning objectives and outcomes.
- Organize and develop, or obtain, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as electronic content, handouts and visual materials.
- Maintains effective communications between learning partners and L&D staff to assure quality program design, development and delivery.
Program Delivery & Evaluation (30%)
- Monitor, evaluate, or record training activities or program effectiveness.
- Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Researches and designs program evaluation methods, evaluates programs and adapts programming as needed.
- Present information using a variety of instructor led, online delivery, and blended learning instructional techniques or formats.
- Evaluate training materials prepared by instructors, such as outlines, text, or handouts.
Committee Service and Other Duties (10%)
Serves on university committees as requested.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business, Psychology, Education, Public Administration or related field. A minimum of five years of experience in program design, development, coordination, presentation and delivery of a variety of training topics related to management, leadership, and technology.
- Experience with adult learning styles, participative training design, group dynamics, interactive learning methods, systems theory and quality improvement processes, principles of customer service, leadership coaching, conflict resolution, group process facilitation, organization communications processes, presentation skills and project management.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Prezi, Qualtrics (or other online survey software).
- Excellent oral and written and graphic communication skills as evidenced by application materials and work history.
- Experience with instructor led and online training environments.
- Experience in working in Higher Education.
- Experience with a variety of behavioral and strengths assessment tools including, but not limited to, Strengths Finder & MBTI.
- Experience with Success Factors or other learning management systems.
Additional Candidate Instructions
First review of applications is September 24th, 2018 and will continue until a qualified group of applicants is assembled.