TRIO Peer Tutor - Student Hourly - 12583BR
TRIO Peer Tutor - Student Hourly
|1. Attention to individual learning needs.|
2. Assist students in subject content preparations for class/tests. Review important concepts relevant to subject tutored.
3. Assess learning progress and preparedness of students. Establish an environment of patience, encouragement, and rapport with students.
4. Be punctual and consistent in attendance for tutoring sessions.
5. Check mailbox regularly for information/assignments after receiving a signed student consent form.
6. Complete a Tutor Summary Report (TSR) for each tutoring session and turn-in as directed by the Academic Coordinator.
7. Complete online time sheets as directed by the Project Office Manager/Payroll Supervisor.
8. Complete all necessary paperwork according to time frames allotted.
9. Keep Academic Coordinator informed of all problems or potential problems regarding tutoring.
10. Wait for 15 minutes at each tutoring session for student to arrive and complete TSR if student does not attend session.
11. Attend all required tutoring orientations and trainings.
12. Tutors are requested to give a two week notice prior to resignation
|1. KU student must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours each semester during the academic year. Enrollment of one credit hour during the summer session is required if the students was not enrolled the previous spring or is not pre-enrolled in the upcoming fall term.|
2. 3.0 or better GPA in subject area/s to be tutored or special consent from Academic Coordinator.
3. 12-15 credit hours in subject area(s) to be tutored or special consent from Academic Coordinator.
4. Experience with communicating effectively with diverse populations as evidenced in application materials.
|1. Prior knowledge or experience in tutoring diverse populations|
2. Completion of one semester or more of coursework at the University of Kansas
3. Eligible for work-study
Additional Candidate Instructions
|A Complete application consists of:|
Completion of the online application
Names/Contact information of 3 professional references.
Review of applications begins on August 20, 2018 and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date.