Tutor - 11049BR
The Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs or GEAR UP program is seeking student hourly tutors for Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools. The University of Kansas School of Education GEAR UP Programs are federally funded programs whose mission is to greatly increase the Classes of 2023 and 2024's participation in undergraduate programs. We are currently serving the 6th and 7th grade classes in all 8 middle schools in the Kansas City, Kansas School District. Our objectives lead us to create and develop programming that will academically and financially prepare our student cohorts for postsecondary education.
2. Assess learning progress and preparedness of students. Establish an environment of patience, encouragement, and rapport.
3. Be punctual and consistent in attendance for tutoring sessions.
4. Complete and submit necessary documentation of tutoring sessions.
5. Complete online time sheets as directed by Supervisor.
6. Complete all necessary paperwork according to time frames allotted.
7. Keep Project Director informed of all problems or potential problems regarding tutoring.
8. Attend all required tutoring orientations and trainings.
9. Tutors are requested to give a two week notice prior to resignation.
2. Candidates must be at least sophomore status, as evidenced in application materials.
3. Candidates must have a 2.5 or better GPA in subject area/s to be tutored, or special consent from Academic Coordinator, as evidenced in application materials.
4. Experience with communicating effectively with diverse populations as evidenced in application materials.
2. Eligible for work-study.