UASC Office Assistant - Federal Work Study Student Hourly POOL - 22254BR
UASC Office Assistant - Federal Work Study Student Hourly POOL
The UASC has four locations on the KU Lawrence campus, and depending on the location(s) you are assigned to, shifts are scheduled between 8:00 am – 7:00 pm on Monday-Thursday, and 8:00 am-5:00 pm on Friday. As an Office Assistant you must be available to work at least 10 hours per week, and your schedule is set for the semester dependent on location needs and your availability.
- Undergraduate student at KU (enrolled in at least six hours).
- Proven ability to work independently and efficiently as evidenced by work experience and/or coursework.
- Experience with PCs and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Effective written communication skills as evidenced by application materials.
- Prior experience in an office/customer service setting.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures, including experience with heavy volumes of phone traffic.
- Ability to work with a wide range of students, faculty, and staff.
- Commitment to supporting KU students in accessing UASC services, as evidenced by application materials and interview.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and be sensitive to the needs of those utilizing UASC services.
- Experience with tabling events, information fairs, and clearly presenting information.
- Familiarity with campus layout to aid in efficient mail delivery.
- Prior experience in web design, editing, or use of CMS and/or experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Applicants who have filed a current year FAFSA and applied for and accepted a Federal Work-Study award for Fall 2021 will be hired. For information, browse to http://affordability.ku.edu/financialaid/workstudy/federal.
Additional Candidate Instructions
This is a pool posting. Review of applications will be ongoing and hires will be made as needed throughout the posting period.