Undergraduate Learning Specialist - 10761BR
Undergraduate Learning Specialist
- Actively participate in teaching undergraduate library research sessions, workshops, and courses both individually and collaboratively.
- Provide in-person and online consultation to students and campus instructors.
- Enthusiastically engage in communication and outreach to students and campus instructors.
- Contribute toward the development and teaching of the Libraries’ credit bearing courses.
- Provide, as needed, support for the coordination, facilitation, and scheduling of instruction sessions, and research consultation appointments.
- Actively contribute to the planning, development, and provision of undergraduate instruction, programming, and outreach.
- Coordinate with instructors of Honors 190 and English 101/102 and lead sessions, as appropriate, to facilitate teaching in these programs.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of library subject and course guides in LibGuides.
- Actively and effectively collaborate with librarians and professional staff in the Libraries Undergraduate Center, the Research and Learning Division, and elsewhere in the organization.
- Work cooperatively with Center and Division staff to support undergraduate teaching and learning in collaboration with campus instructors.
(30%) Undergraduate Student Programming Support
- Contribute to the development and delivery of programming in the Anschutz Library Learning Studio.
- Serve as point of contact between Libraries and student life/student success offices.
- Coordinate library support for orientations and information fairs.
- Provide project management support for Libraries’ undergraduate programming.
(10%) General Responsibilities and Other Assistance
- Engage in professional development activities.
- May engage in service opportunities. Participate in campus and Libraries’ committees pertaining to undergraduate student success. Serve as a resource for the development of new service models.
- Demonstrate a commitment to advancing diversity efforts and contribute to an inclusive environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three years of library or higher education experience and one year successful teaching experience, preferably in an academic setting
- Educational background in teaching and/or student support services.
- Experience with information literacy instruction and learning outcomes in the academic environment.
- Knowledge of current and emerging instructional theory and application.
- Demonstrated competency and comfort with emerging educational technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with staff, faculty and other campus stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and leverage opportunities for integrating the Libraries into the curriculum.
- Demonstrated passion for teaching undergraduate students.
- Excellent project management skills
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application deadline is January 31, 2018. Review of applications begins February 1, 2018.
An online application must be completed to be considered for this position. TO APPLY, GO TO: https://employment.ku.edu/staff/10761BR.