User Experience Designer - 13255BR
User Experience Designer
CPPR specializes in research and evaluation, data science projects, and social innovation work that supports our mission to optimize the well-being of children, youth, and families. CPPR primarily pursues its mission by assisting partners, including state-level and community based organizations, in their work to secure funding, bring key stakeholders to the table, orchestrate large-scale data efforts, and conduct research, cost analysis, and evaluation. This position is contingent upon funding.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain websites for various grant projects using the Wordpress platform. Partner effectively with internal and external project staff and other members of the CPPR Design Team to understand and contribute to project needs. Provide input and participate in project meetings related to website development and maintenance.
- Consult with project staff and other members of the CPPR Design Team to create project plans and timelines to carry out prioritized projects.
- Recommend user-experience enhancements for all existing CPPR websites and applications, and apply a human-centered design approach to all new web development efforts. Optimize websites for usability, search engines, and accessibility. Update existing sites, ensuring interfaces meet the needs of various end users
- Troubleshoot technical issues, ensuring minimal downtime, optimal site security, and . Work with project staff, other members of design team, and CPPR technical support specialists to verify, document, and resolve problems.
- Train internal and external project staff on website use and processes for web updates.
- Research and evaluate the usefulness of new web technologies including Wordpress plugins/themes and other third-party products and services to enhance functionality and optimize performance. Propose solutions to other members of Design Team and/or project staff.
- Collaborate with others to understand and maintain a broad view of the project and potential for growth. Learn about project needs, goals, target markets, trends, ideas, and challenges.
- Develop support documentation, communications, and announcements as needed for all web initiatives, ensuring brand consistency. Communicate with project staff to provide status reports, review GoogleAnalytics.
2. Experience incorporating effective user interface considerations and designs with web development as evidenced by a project portfolio
3. Experience designing wireframes and/or interactive prototypes, site maps, and workflows as evidenced by a project portfolio
4. Experience implementing responsive, reliable code, as evidenced by a project portfolio
5. Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills as evidenced by application materials
2. Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical teams, content teams, and external partners
3. Experience with and/or knowledge of PHP, including customized backend PHP development for WordPress
4. Experience as demonstrated in application materials and work experience in the following areas:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe XD)
- Cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device testing
5. Demonstrated effective time management, organizational and follow-up skills
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applicants begins December 8, 2018 and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants. To ensure first consideration, apply before the December 8, 2018 application review date.