Visiting Assistant Professor - 15806BR
Visiting Assistant Professor
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, the university actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher education. The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. by the start of appointment.
- Teach three (3) courses per semester at the undergraduate level in German Studies. These will primarily include elementary and intermediate German courses satisfying the KU language requirement and general education courses in German Studies taught in English (including online courses), and may include upper-level courses as needed by the department.
- Advise and mentor undergraduate students.
- Service to the Department, the College, the University, and the profession.
- Maintain and sustain an active and productive program of research in field of specialization, including scholarly publications and presentations at research conferences.
- PhD (or ABD with defense completed) in German Studies or a related field by the start date of the appointment.
- Native or near-native command of German and English.
- Demonstrated experience and excellence in teaching undergraduate German Studies courses at the university level.
- Evidence of dedication to high quality research.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A letter of application that describes the teaching philosophy and the research agenda,
- A detailed CV that addresses the record of accomplishments and productivity,
- The names, email and contact information for three professional references, and
- Teaching evaluations for the last three years.
- Please describe your experience, approach or methodologies to create and implement inclusive teaching and advising practices, pedagogical techniques and course materials to create an inclusive classroom environment.
- In your current and/or previous role, please provide an example outlining how you demonstrate your ongoing commitment in working with diverse groups/populations.