Web Developer/Programmer - 11774BR
This web developer/programmer will work as part of a team, which will include other developers, designers, and end users (i.e., content editors). This developer will support web and mobile applications in their assigned service area.
10% - Researches and develops solutions to problems or as specified by the functional needs of the project.
10% - Collaborates with clients, other developers, and members of the university community to understand and contribute to project needs as well as maintain a broader view of the KU environment.10% - Ensures deliverables meet relevant standards and architecture in a team culture of code walk through
5% - Communicates frequently with the Unit Manager and provides status updates and knowledge clients and peers.
5% - Other related duties as assigned
- This position shares in responsibility for information security by following all applicable security policies and procedures.
- This position is authorized to use elevated privilege accounts in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to issue password resets in accordance with established procedure in the performance of job duties.
- This position is authorized to handle sensitive or confidential data in accordance with established procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Associates Degree and three years relevant experience.
- Two or more years demonstrated professional experience with web development using HTML and CSS, including URLs provided as samples of work.
- A bachelor's or higher degree from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in learning new technical skills
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical teams, business partners, and management including excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Experience producing technical documentation.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills, with a record of being flexible, accurate, detail-oriented, reliable and self-motivated.
- Two or more years demonstrated web design experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar products.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of the following
- Git or other version control system
- Python Frameworks (prefer Django)
- PHP Frameworks (prefer Symfony)
- CMS systems (prefer Drupal)
- Responsive web design
- Application/web security
- Middleware technologies including application servers, directory servers (LDAP), and authentication/authorization
- Software architecture design, system analysis and associated methodologies
- Development and maintenance of a database focused application (Prefer mySQL and/or Oracle)
- UNIX flavor web server (Prefer Linux)
- Mobile development
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications has been extended to Wednesday May 30th, 2018.