AAAC Spring Tutor - Student Hourly/Work Study POOL - 13178BR
AAAC Spring Tutor - Student Hourly/Work Study POOL
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, develop, and maintain strong relationships with students
- Facilitate and foster independent student learning by:
- Actively involving students in learning course/subject content
- Guiding students to understanding by using questioning techniques
- Suggesting appropriate study strategies to learn course/subject content
- Empowering students to take ownership for their learning and encourage academic rigor
- Follow the guidelines for tutoring as established by AAAC Tutoring Services
- Attend and participate in AAAC training and staff development
- Other tasks as assigned
- Earned a B or higher in the course(s) selected to tutor; or in a higher-level course in the same discipline as evidenced by the Advising Report or Degree Progress Report (DPR).
- Currently enrolled KU student in good academic standing who is enrolled in at least six credit hours as evidenced by the Advising Report or DPR.
- Must be able to attend Orientation and Training on Thursday, January 17, or a make-up session the first week of classes, and KU Tutor Training on Saturday, February 1.
- Faculty or instructor references, one of which can speak to your ability in the subject area in which you hope to tutor should be submitted to the Academic Achievement and Access Center (AAAC). More information about collecting these references can be found here: https://tutoring.ku.edu/become-tutor
- Tutoring or teaching experience.
- Have a strong desire and enthusiasm to help students learn.
- Fluent English language communication skills as demonstrated in the interview.