AAAC Supplemental Instruction Leader: Student POOL - 11429BR
AAAC Supplemental Instruction Leader: Student POOL
- Current University of Kansas undergraduate student enrolled in six or more credits at KU.
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale).
- A grade of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale) in the selected class is required.
- Ability to work 8-10 hours per week; must attend class lectures and must lead 2 study sessions per week and hold 3 hours of office hours.
- Strong written communication skills and attention to detail as demonstrated by application materials.
- Strong oral communication skills and interpersonal skills as demonstrated in the interview.
- Recommendation from the professor of the class in which the applicant is applying.
- Experience leading small groups.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word and Outlook.
- A minimum of one-year experience providing academic support and/or tutoring to students.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Please include, within your cover letter, answers to the following:
- Why do you want to be an SI Leader?
- How do you meet the qualifications of the position?
- What class are you interested in for Fall 2018?
- Who has recommended you to this position?
- Include contact information for two professor references.
Interviews begin Monday, April 2.
NOTE: Please check classes.ku.edu for the specific lecture times to confirm that you can attend the class of interest.