Academic Services Coordinator - 22136BR
Academic Services Coordinator
This position is located in Kansas City, KS, but travel within the five-county target area is also expected.
- Provide instruction or tutoring in developmental academic skills, particularly basic math and reading.
- Complete academic assessments for each participant to determine academic needs.
- Develop a learning plan for each participant based on academic assessments, prior college work, and the Student Success Plan (SSP).
- Facilitate independent study (individualized instruction using computer assisted learning and other available resources).
- Adapt curriculum to individual student and project needs.
- Develop and maintain an academic support resource library for project participants.
- Develop and facilitate workshops on educational topics (i.e. study skills, testing, etc.)
- Be available (on a scheduled basis) to respond to student questions
30% - Maintain accurate records of participant activities and attendance.
- Develop Student Success Plan for each participant based on needed and requested services.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and confidential client records.
- Monitor progress of project participants.
- Assist with maintaining the project's focus on achieving project objectives.
- Adhere to deadlines and regulations regarding required project documentation, reports, data collection, and forms.
10% - Coordinate with VUB Advisors, Coordinators, and Director in implementing each participant's Student Success Plan.
10% - Assist with maintaining relationships with community partners and agencies.
5% - Assist the Veterans Upward Bound Director in evaluating program activities
5% - Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- At least one year of related professional experience working in adult education or with low-income individuals/families, first-generation students or veterans.
- Excellent written skills as demonstrated by application materials.
- Demonstrated ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite as evidenced by application materials.
- Experience in teaching and motivating adult learners.
- Veteran status.
- Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of issues and problems experienced by veterans.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with target population, officials in postsecondary institutions, VA medical Centers/VA organizations, community agencies, community organizations, and community centers.
- Ability to work independently and comply with program guidelines.
- Willingness to work flexible hours – some evening hours will be required.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Cover Letter outlining how your skills align with the position
- 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application review begins on 05/23/022. Priority will be given to applications received by this date