Access Control Technician OR Access Control Technician Senior - 21883BR
Access Control Technician OR Access Control Technician Senior
Entry level or experienced locksmiths and access control technicians are encouraged to apply. Starting compensation will be based upon experience and industry certifications. (Hiring range is $16-$22 per hour depending upon experience and qualifications.) Compensation incentives are available for entry level positions who complete additional certification requirements as approved.
- Enhance and maintain master key systems
- Generate and manage codes in master key software
- Participate in meetings with end users as it relates to lock and security needs for new construction, remodel, or replacement.
- Work with team to streamline use of lock manufacturers over time.
- Consult and provide technical support to internal teams and external customers
- Pin and install cylinders and cut keys
- Troubleshoot, maintain, repair, inspect, and install:
- Door hardware systems of various types and complexities
- Electrical components and fixtures as a part of keyless entry
- Vehicle locks
- Cabinet, safe, and container locks
- Rekey locks for improved security when required. Oversee computerized keyless entry issues.
- Utilize computerized maintenance management system for work and asset management
- Work service requests/tickets and enter pertinent data for reference
- Prepare labor/cost estimates for work requests
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds – with or without accommodation.
- Valid driver’s license at the time of hire and through the course of employment.
- Position requires that the employee be able to stand, walk, kneel, crouch, bend, and reach.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities simultaneously, sometimes with minimal supervision in a highly self-motivated manner.
- Ability to pass background check.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year of work experience in a mechanical, general maintenance, technical field, locksmith helper/understudy, and/or apprentice in a related trade. An associate’s degree or vocational school certification may be substituted for the required experience.
- Experience engaging in a customer service role.
- Strong verbal communication skills as identified in previous work experience, interview, and references.
- Two years of work experience in a mechanical and/or technical field.
- Three years of experience in locksmith work and/or electronic lock systems.
- Completed apprentice license/Journey level standing as a locksmith.
- Industry Certifications (CRL, CPL, and/or CML)
- Strong verbal communication skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application review will being Tuesday, April 26th, 2022 and will remain open until a qualified pool of candidates has been identified.