Accountant Senior - 24586BR
University of Kansas Lawrence Campus
Work Location Assignment:
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
The School of Engineering is hiring for a full-time Accountant Senior. This position reports directly to the School of Engineering Business Manager. The position will assist with financial analysis, budget tracking, financial reporting and personnel management and providing leadership to departmental staff across the School. Duties will include administering base and non-base allocations and assisting with associated budget transfers. The incumbent will assist with balancing annual budgets through tracking expenses including payroll and creating financial projections to optimize School financial resources. The Accountant Senior will work closely with the Shared Service Center (SSC) to maintain faculty, lecturer, 3G and student appointment funding. A thorough knowledge of the policies, regulations, guidelines and administrative practices of the University are vital to the functioning of this position. In addition, a thorough understanding of the University’s budget, financial, purchasing and payroll systems is imperative.
Financial Management and Reporting 90%
Other Duties 10%
- Utilize financial reporting system to monitor, track and analyze School/department accounts to ensure that financial resources are being effectively utilized. Includes specific budget analysis, expense tracking and fund management for the departments of Chemical & Petroleum Engineering and Electrical Engineering and Computing Science.
- Assist in analyzing faculty and staff salary shrinkage for School and departments.
- Utilize University and Endowment financial reporting systems to extract and analyze data, run reports, reconcile and verify information and provide input for financial reporting.
- Assist Business Manager with management of budgets by analyzing financial data for School/departments and providing financial reporting.
- Provide monthly reports to Engineering Administration unit Directors.
- Provide financial analysis and support to Business Manager, Dean, Associate Deans, Chairperson, and Unit Directors.
- Assist in tracking new faculty start-up commitments.
- Provide financial analysis, advice, and assistance or manage special projects as requested.
- Assist department finance staff with consistent development of reports for year-end projections utilizing reporting systems.
- Serve as a key liaison to the SSC, department Finance staff, and unit personnel to provide both formal and informal training to ensure School policies, procedures, and guidelines are followed.
- Plays a key role in assisting Business Manager with developing financial policies and procedures to enhance existing financial business operations and efficiencies for the School.
Other Duties 10%
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited, to serving as a backup to Business Manager.
Currently, this position is designated as on-campus. Alternative and flexible work schedules will be evaluated as per KU policy and School guidelines.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Only complete application packages submitted online will be considered. A complete application includes an online application form, resume, cover letter, names and contact information for three professional references.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
40 hrs M-F
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date