Administrative Assistant - 10524BR
|35% Oversee the email@example.com email and the firstname.lastname@example.org email. Answer the main departmental phone lines. Maintain a comprehensive calendar of all events pertaining to the departments to include: conferences, banquets, field trips, etc. Print and/or make copies of documents as needed. Manage calendar for departments’ conference and class rooms in Lindley Hall. Maintain and check out departmental state p-cards. Distribute campus and USPS mail, contact receiver(s) of large packages, maintain MFDs (paper, toner, staples, maintenance cartridge), create shipments through USPS, FedEx, and/or UPS, orders office supplies from Staples, submit simple facility work orders as needed, and maintains Geology coffee machine. Organize supply closets and copy rooms. Clean up conference rooms after meetings. Keep hallway bulletin boards up-to-date by removing old fliers. |
25% Organize the online course evaluation spreadsheet, and prepare paper course evaluations for short courses, field trips, or any other class as needed, for all three departments. Assist with any document preparation for the honors program, and develop, distribute, and collect exit surveys for graduating undergraduate students. Help undergraduate students with the change of schedule form, major substitution form, and declaration of major/minor forms. Organize the logistics of the EVRN Zadigan Research, Internship, and Study Abroad scholarship. Organize the Zadigan research colloquium at the end of each semester.
15% Act as the liaison between the departments and student clubs (ie: EVRN Student Ambassadors, GSO, AWG, SEG, SGE, AAPG, AMS, etc). Coordinate prospective/visiting student visits with the help of the KU Visitors Center. Oversee and distribute the Alert Driving tests to the Geology students. Keep track of and distribute KU parking passes and garage parking QR codes for visitors. Prepare and submit reimbursement documents for guest speakers.
10% Attend regular in-person staff meetings with the Office Manager, Alumni Relations Manager, Communications Specialist, Faculty Administrative Assistant, Facilities Manager, and Graduate Student Managers in Lindley Hall in order to facilitate communication and provide feedback about workflows and office tasks.
10% Help other Lindley Staff with planning and coordinating events to include: colloquium, field camps, field trips, career nights, beginning and end of school year gatherings, and graduation.
5% Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalency and two years of office experience or two years of post-secondary education.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail as demonstrated by application materials
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), and Adobe Acrobat and/or Google Forms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Studies, Geography, Geology, or related field.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage tasks and completing deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with a range of audiences (students, staff, general public, faculty, university administrators).
- Experience organizing events of various sizes.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins on 12/17/2017 and continues as needed until a qualified pool of applicants is identified. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date.