Administrative Assistant - 10883BR
- Serve as receptionist and first contact for guests/colleagues to the center. Possessing a deep sense of tact, customer service, and confidentiality, this individual is a key ambassador and often the first impression new or future employees have of the University of Kansas.
- Answers the telephone and greets visitors to the office; answering routine questions and routing calls or messages to appropriate staff members.
- Offer hospitality and notify staff member that a visitor or appointment has arrived.
- Responsible for the scheduling and set-up of conference room including the conference room technology. Coordinates with other departments on use of conference space.
- Responsible to monitor SSC group email, directing email correspondence to the appropriate staff.
20%- Office Management
- Supervision of CPS SSC Front desk student hourly staff.
- Coordinate proper sorting and routing of incoming and outgoing mail to ensure accurate and timely delivery.
- Work with students and staff in regards to coordination of the courier route to ensure departments are visited daily.
- Coordinates general office requests in regards to facilities, IT, phone, supplies, and the MFD device.
- Maintain Kitchen and Supply room organization and inventory
- Primary contact for any issues regarding the MFD.
- Regularly updates SSC staff on staffing updates, office changes and other items regarding overall office upkeep.
- Assist with office events in coordination with Social Committee to ensure proper supplies and materials on hand.
- Website updates for all five SSC’s across campus.
- Space management for all five SSC’s across campus.
20%- Administrative Support for the CPS SSC and Assistant to the Director:
- With direction from the Director, function as primary scheduler for calendaring, meeting arrangements for the center and provide general support.
- Assist with general word processing, event planning, or office-related tasks in support of the mission of the center.
- Assist with special projects for the Director and management staff of the CPS SSC.
- Attend meetings as necessary and take notes.
- Prepare handouts or related items for meetings or retreats.
35% - Administrative Support for the SSC Team
- Assists new and prospective employees in filling out applications for employment and new hire paperwork.
- Assists with the distribution of completed new hire materials to the various central offices on campus including the employment office, the KU Card center, Parking Services, etc.
- Maintains the onboarding station area, i.e. keeps document supplies stocked and organized, logs workstations on and off each day, monitors central file, etc.
- Assist departments with work authorizations requests and updating work authorization documents for current employees.
- Scanning of documents and receipts to prepare for data entry.
- Entering of data into the University’s financial system.
- Updating vendor profiles.
- Provides other general administrative support for HR, finance and research projects as needed.
5% - Other Duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- At least two years of progressively responsible professional administrative or advanced clerical support experience in a professional office setting.
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters appropriately.
- Moderate computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to work independently and meet multiple deadlines and objectives in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism as determined by both resume and references
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Experience with the web and social media sites.
- Experience in maintaining multiple calendars through Outlook.
- Editorial and written communication skills, as demonstrated by at least two years of related experience and application materials.
- Strong customer service skills and able to handle times with high traffic volumes.
- Knowledge of and experience with University of Kansas policies and organizations.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Apply by the priority date of February 7, 2018 for best consideration. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.