Administrative Assistant/Receptionist - 12142BR
- Serves as receptionist for guests/colleagues to the Office of the Provost. Answers the telephone and greets visitors to the office
- Responsible for scheduling and set-up of provost’s conference room including conference room technology.
- Maintains resources used centrally by students and staff in the Provost’s Office such as guest parking, phone lists, office laptops, mail delivery and equipment in the mail room.
- Manages the MFD and Ghost Writer signature machine, ensuring signature cards are kept under tight security when not in use.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and schedules students who assist the front desk. This includes receiving and distributing projects to the students from others in the office.
- All staff in the Provost’s Office have assigned back up roles for when staff members are absent or on vacation. This position backs up the Administrative Associate in for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Will be responsible for working with other Provost’s Office staff members to arrange reception coverage when taking time off.
- Various members of the office will need assistance at different points in the year. This position either offers assistance or assigns a task to one of the student workers.
- Assistance with office-wide projects and events
- High school diploma or GED equivalency and one year of office experience or one year of post-secondary education
- Demonstrated skills in customer service as evidenced by work history or reference check
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and Word
- Previous work experience that required a high level of professionalism at determined by resume, interview, or references
- Knowledge of and experience with the University of Kansas policies, procedures, or organizations
- Supervisory experience or willingness to be trained in best practices of supervision
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications has been extended until Friday, June 29, 2018.