Administrative Associate - Accreditation - 23035BR
Administrative Associate - Accreditation
The Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center (KLETC), a unit of the University of Kansas, is located near Hutchinson, Kansas. KLETC consists of 173 acres with fifteen buildings including two student dormitories.
KLETC serves as the central agency for all law enforcement training in the State of Kansas. KLETC manages an $8.1 million annual budget, 57 authorized FTE staff (augmented by more than 400 contract/adjunct staff annually), and trains nearly 15,000 students annually in residential, online, and outreach programs. KLETC serves 437 recognized law enforcement agencies in Kansas, providing basic training and continuing education programs. Many KLETC basic training and continuing education programs are conducted in a high risk and high liability environment (firearms, use of force, emergency vehicle operations driver training, defense tactics, and search and seizure).
In addition to a competitive salary, the University of Kansas offers great benefits to employees such as paid vacation, sick leave, ten paid holidays, plus one discretionary day, a retirement program, medical and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and State of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees education and professional development opportunities.
This position will provide highly specialized and diverse administrative support to the accreditation program manager.
Conducts regular reviews of policies and procedures to meet current accreditation standards; revises policies and forms to meet accreditation standards; compiles and maintains all proofs of compliance with accreditation process; assists in the construction and maintenance of accreditation files to ensure reaccreditation; manages report tracking log to ensure timely compliance with accreditation standards. Attend accreditation training, association meetings, and conferences.
30% - Technology Management
Assists program manager with software system for policies, training, and other records. Compiling data and verifying information. Tracking project timelines, activities and updating progress and summary reports. Monitors accreditation website and email accounts as needed. Complete training course for accreditation software programs.
10% - Preparation of Materials
Assists with the coordination of on-site assessments and file inspections. Coordinating tasks for accreditation and review initiatives, including scheduling meetings, training classes, preparing meeting materials, taking minutes and coordinating on action and follow-up items. Prepares printed materials, such as accreditation training handouts and accreditation certificates.
10% - Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Two years of office experience or Two years of post-secondary education;
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced by work history and application materials;
- Experience organizing, managing and supervising multiple and varied tasks and projects as demonstrated by education, work history and application material;
- Valid Kansas driver’s license or ability to obtain one within 90 days.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
- Knowledge and/or experience in accreditation;
- Knowledge and/or experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC;
- A demonstrated ability to work well with diverse groups of people and organizations;
- A demonstrated ability to work with members of the law enforcement community and/or professional law enforcement associations;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail as evidenced by application materials;
- Experience working independently and to achieve goals with minimal supervision;
- Experience working effectively in a team environment and with deadlines and multiple, rapidly evolving priorities.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
- 3 Professional References
- Application review will begin Tuesday, August 16th and will remain open until a qualified pool of candidates has been identified.