Administrative Associate - 12077BR
- Assist team leaders with calendar management, meeting schedules, and short- and intermediate-term planning for team deliverables.
- Provide support for staff travel, including creating itineraries, making travel arrangements, preparing travel authorizations and reimbursements, and managing paperwork in accordance with university requirements.
- Reconcile credit cards and process receipts.
- Track travel costs or other budget line items.
- Create supporting documentation and prepare materials for special events
- Lead the administration of the department, including identifying needs and developing procedures, forms, reports, and filing systems.
- Serve as liaison to AAI desktop support staff and provide first-tier technical support for Center staff.
- Maintain office supply inventory from ordering to stocking, including support for special projects.
- Coordinate work orders, repairs, and deliveries.
- Compose correspondence, distribute mail, and screen phone calls.
- Schedule meeting rooms.
- Evaluate, develop, implement, and maintain systems and procedures for the efficient operation of assigned area including recommendations for procedural changes affecting staff.
- Work closely with the Business Manager to support Center invoicing, vendor contracts, and space management.
5% - Supervise student employees and temporary employees in completing routine clerical and operational tasks.
5% - Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency and two years of office experience or two years of post-secondary education.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, as evidenced in application materials and interview.
- Three or more years of relevant full-time experience.
- Experience successfully prioritizing multiple, detail-oriented projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to successfully complete projects, independently and with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with internal teams, cross-functional teams, and external customers.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt and respond to changes in work priorities and processes as evidenced from prior work experience.
- Excellent attention to detail in written work as evidenced by application materials.
- Prior experience supporting senior staff.
- Experience with software commonly used at KU software including Oracle Analytics Cloud, SharePoint, Skype for Business, BrassRing, Egencia.
- Previous supervisory experience.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins June 11, 2018 and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants. To ensure consideration, apply before the application review date.