Administrative Associate - 22529BR
*This position is advertised as a full-time position. SAGE is willing to consider a 0.75 FTE for an interested candidate.
- Oversee all functions of busy front office that handles inquiries, applications, appointment scheduling, paperwork intake, document purging/archiving etc. of approximately 1,500 student travelers and 75 international exchange students annually.
- Provide administrative support to the Director by scheduling appointments, convening meetings, communicating with internal and external constituents, and assisting in research initiatives.
- Receive regular reports of private donations from KUEA; update and maintain donor database and coordinate SAGE communications to donors and external contacts.
- Coordinate staff meetings and events including scheduling, catering, preparation of the agenda, meeting minutes, etc.
- Assist in coordination, scheduling and materials preparation for three faculty orientation sessions and six student orientation sessions annually, including room reservations, catering, set-up, signage, and volunteer scheduling.
- Manage inventory and ordering of office supplies, equipment and services with on-campus and off-campus vendors.
- Serve as a notary public for students, faculty and other constituents (can be secured upon hire).
- Serve as one of multiple building proctors for Lippincott Hall and unit liaison for campus Facilities Operations, put in work orders and disseminate building wide notifications.
- Serve as the assistant manager to the KU Passport Acceptance Facility.
- Maintain passport acceptance agent certification through the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs.
- Engage in ongoing professional development activities to ensure accurate and up-to-date knowledge of regulations governing passport issuance and renewals.
- Provide strong customer service through in-person appointments as well as responding to email and phone inquiries.
- Serve as liaison between constituents and U.S. DoS for all inquiries related to passport applications, renewals, processing, etc.
- Process passport applications in accordance with U.S. regulations.
- Maintain acceptance facility office, including monitoring and maintenance of supplies.
- Hire, train, supervise, develop and evaluate 4-5 student clerical assistants to serve as front-office reception, responsible for guest service provision; appointment scheduling, document intake, processing and filing; monitoring the email@example.com email account, and additional duties as assigned.
- Train and oversee students in the application of FERPA regulations while assisting students and parents, and in handling emergency situations as first point of contact for program directors, participants and parents.
- Assemble faculty director orientation and pre-departure materials for approximately 45 faculty-led programs annually.
- Produce and maintain up-to-date emergency contact materials for all SAGE programs and participants, including participant travel (report preparation through Terra Dotta), program itineraries, on-site contact information, third party program providers, and health insurance providers on Sharepoint and Teams.
- Support credit and grade posting processes for short-term and semester programs, including maintenance of the Study Abroad Faculty/Departmental Advisor list, creation of credit worksheets and submission of credit posting requests to the KU Registrar’s Office.
- Update contents of study abroad course database, including larger data entry and management projects as requested by Curriculum Integration team.
- Process Non-KU and exchange student transcript requests through KU Registrar’s Office.
- Receives and compiles student program evaluations through online system and forwards redacted summary evaluations to SAGE Director for distribution to academic units.
- This position requires working on-site.
- High school diploma or completion of G.E.D. equivalency PLUS a minimum of two years of *office experience. *Two (2) years of post-secondary education may be substituted for the office experience.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong written communication skills, as demonstrated by cover letter.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a busy work space.
- Knowledge of KU campus policies and procedures.
- Study abroad experience.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.
- Contact information for three professional references (including at least one previous or current supervisor).