Administrative Office Assistant/Student Hourly/Work Study POOL - 19666BR
Administrative Office Assistant/Student Hourly/Work Study POOL
- Answering a multi-line telephone, greeting walk-in guests, and providing basic information regarding the building facilities, educational programs, etc.
- Other duties may include sorting mail, running errands, photocopying, scanning, filing, and completing data entry.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Have general knowledge or a willingness to learn about standard office equipment including photocopiers, fax machines, scanners, etc. as outlined in application materials.
- Have general knowledge or a willingness to learn about Microsoft Word and Excel through previous work experience OR course work as demonstrated in application materials.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- First preference given to students not seeking a degree within the School of Architecture and Design.
- Previous office or clerical experience.
- Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Outlook experience a plus.
- Comfortable meeting a wide variety of people on a walk-in basis (faculty, students, upper administration, parents, prospective students, etc.)
- Eligible for Federal Work Study.
Additional Candidate Instructions
This is a POOL posting. Review of applications will be ongoing and hires will be made as needed throughout the posting period.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Variable hours, Monday - Friday, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.