ALC Student Assistant – Supplemental Instruction - Student Hourly - 19041BR
ALC Student Assistant – Supplemental Instruction - Student Hourly
- Assisting office visitors
- Answering phone inquiries
- Assembling print materials
- Managing calendars and appointments for multiple professional staff
Specific tasks pertaining to the Supplemental Instruction Program will include:
- Compiling attendance from SI Sessions and Office
- Communicating with SI Leaders about attendance
- Preparing promotional materials
- Helping prepare materials for the SI Leaders
- Assisting with the preparation of reports
- Compiling student and course surveys
- Scanning of program documents for archival
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates considered for this position must be available for the full academic year. As the ALC Student Assistant gains experience, there will be opportunities for professional development.
The Academic Learning Center (ALC) is located on the KU Lawrence Campus in Wescoe Hall, Room 4017. As of right now, plans are to be working in the Wescoe Office; if this changes, applicants will be notified.
The Academic Learning Center is open during breaks and Student Assistants may work based on project/programming needs and the budget.
All Student Staff and Full Time Staff attend a weekly meeting each week and the student in this position will also be expected to attend a weekly SI Team meeting.
- Only applicants who have filed a current year FAFSA and applied for and accepted a Federal Work Study award for Fall 2021 will be hired. For information, visit http://affordability.ku.edu/financialaid/workstudy/federal.
- Enrolled in at least 6 hours at KU.
- Strong proven written communication skills and attention to detail as evidenced by application materials.
- Work independently and as a member of a team as evidenced by work experience and/or coursework.
- Experience with PCs and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience as an SI Leader and/or a student participant in the SI Program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- A minimum of one-year experience providing academic support and/or tutoring to students.
- Prior experience in an office/customer service setting.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and be sensitive to the needs of those utilizing services.
- Prior experience using InDesign and/or Canva.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with KU facilities, services, and processes.
- Ability to interact effectively with student employees, students, staff, faculty, and parents.