ALC Supplemental Instruction Leader - Student Hourly POOL - 21803BR
ALC Supplemental Instruction Leader - Student Hourly POOL
The SI Leader is responsible for the following:
- Working 8-12 hours per week for the full length of the Spring 2022 semester, excluding academic breaks.
- Attending class lectures (on campus and/or watching pre-recorded lectures if available) every week and being familiar with all homework in the selected class.
- Preparing and uploading a planning document for each session.
- Leading 2 engaging study sessions per week and holding 3 hours of office hours.
- Completing required trainings.
- Attending weekly meetings throughout the semester to further SI training and professional development.
- Working collaboratively with the SI Program staff and the professor to promote SI throughout the semester.
- Current University of Kansas undergraduate student enrolled in six or more credit hours.
- a minimum of a B letter grade or 3.0 in the selected class.
- Strong proven written communication skills, as evidenced by application materials.
- Professor approval for the class in which the applicant is applying.
- Strong proven verbal communication skills, as evidenced by the interview.
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale).
- Experience leading small groups.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint.
- Experience providing academic support and/or tutoring.
- Strong proven attention to detail, as demonstrated by the application materials and work experience.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Both parts of the application must be submitted by Friday, May 20th by 11:59 PM to be considered for an interview.
This is a pool position, and the review of applications is ongoing, hires will be made throughout the posting period.
Application deadline is Friday, May 20th at 11:59 PM.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
8-12 hours per week