Appointment Manager - 10943BR
- Supervises the Appointment Specialists team that provides the primary processing/auditing point for all campus payroll transactions. Manages transaction load assignments. Ensures that data entered into the HRPay system is accurate according to University policy and procedures, timely and complete.
- Ensures all documents have been reviewed and audited for prescribed business processes for all newly hired employees, and for all appointment changes (transfers, promotions, terminations, etc.) Identify transactions that require further evaluation, approval or additional information necessary before processed in the HR/Pay operating system. Audits to ensure that all position and funding information is correct to ensure accurate accounting when pay is processed. Researches and manages complaints and provides documentation and resolution of payroll related appointment specialist issues. Confirms that system indexes and retains all documentation in KU’s Imaging Software.
- Responsible for working and reviewing complicated appointment actions outside the scope of the Appointment Specialists knowledge. Works with the HR/Pay team for guidance when necessary. Identifies and documents necessary off-cycle transactions (over-payment, underpayment and supplemental checks for Payroll Office processing. Works with the Payroll Office on actual payment process or troubleshooting of errors, work authorization employment issues, etc.
- Reviews, audits the accuracy and data entry of funding and position data submitted from departments as well as auditing the entry done by on-line users and is expected to work to key transactional data to ensure deadlines are met. The employee monitors all position and funding transactions to ensure, within the limits of the system, proper funding charges. This includes identifying omissions that would affect funding and correcting the HR/Pay system and at the time reporting level if necessary. As with appointment transactions, the employee is the primary resource for the payroll system for ensuring data entry is compatible with system requirements.
- Responsible for insuring that the transactions for Retirees, Persons of Interest (POI or Research Affiliates) are keyed appropriately and management reports are run and worked by staff such as the temporary 999 hour report, student hourly query and enrollment report, FLSA report, etc. to ensure compliance parameters are maintained. Coordinates with supervisor on resolution activities.
- Responsible for updating forms and enhancing the design of systems including but not limited to ePAF, Affiliate, ImageNow workflow, Faculty Events, and Onboarding system with identified system administrators. Creates reports for management of workflow processing, works with HR/Pay on integration projects to convert manual keying functionality to automated features. Assigns and works errors and makes corrections as needed.
- Communicates all changes and deadlines to campus users.
- Contact for all university departments, Shared Service Centers and employees with any payroll related questions (except for those related to deductions, taxes, and international payment), policy inquiries and problems resolution. May assist employees and departments in filling out proper documentation and forms via paper or electronically.
- Works and assigns customer service requests which comes in via ticketing system and manages service hotline number.
- Initial contact point for the development, design, and testing of changes to electronic forms used by campus to facilitate payroll appointment transactions. Serves as the lead liaison for ImageNow and proposes and tests implemented changes to the PAF, ePAF, Affliate, Faculty Events, Onboarding and 3G workflow processes. Provides training (electronic, written, and online) and communication regarding use and changes of forms and how to accurately complete all forms and processes to campus. Responsible for communicating deadlines to campus through the HRPay calendar and with assistance through the Assistant Director.
- Serves as the lead on the operational function of the University’s Onboarding Program. Works with dedicated system administrators on design an workflow changes to the system.
- Develops and runs reports for metrics, management and to lead daily business operations to allocate work activity to staff.
- Assists new employees with the completion of required university documents to ensure timely payment and services. Coordinate with Shared Service Centers (SSC), International Payroll Specialist and International Programs/ISSS with related issues. Assists in the facilitation of resolving onboarding needs answer questions and provide trouble shooting for new employee issues. Serves as the training coordinator on all onboarding system processes. Coordinates with HR, SSC's on new-hire issues.
- Assists system development teams for both new system implementations and any system upgrades. Attends team meetings and participates in special projects as necessary to analyze problems or develop system procedures.
- Works with System Administrator team to update and enhance existing Onboarding Platform
- Works with HR/Pay team on system related issues, loads to payroll and coordination of other University actions that impact employment and payment.
- Bachelor’s degree or High School Diploma or GED equivalency with four years of professional experience in payroll or an accounting related field.
- Professional experience in payroll, accounting, auditing, or related field.
- Experience in working with payroll, onboarding or Human Resources Information Systems.
- Customer service experience.
- Effective communication skills as evidenced by application materials, interview and references.
- Previous supervisory experience or serving in a lead worker capacity.
- Payroll management experience for a large company, organization or university.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience developing and delivering training programs in various formats (online, in person, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to frequent policy changes and programming changes.
- Experience in designing business processes, streamline workflows and implementing systems.
- Experience in working with both the public and university departmental offices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and representatives of other agencies or departments
- Ability to read, comprehend and apply pertinent laws, rules and regulations
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
- Contact information for three professional references
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
First review of applications is Monday, February 12th and will continue until a qualified pool is assembled.