Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor - Accounting - 12822BR
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor - Accounting
All areas in the field of accounting will be considered. Candidates with an interest or demonstrated ability in mentoring doctoral students are encouraged to apply. Women and minorities, and candidates who will contribute to the climate of diversity in the School of Business, including a diversity of scholarly approaches, are especially encouraged to apply.
40% Conduct and publish research on accounting topics in leading academic journals.
20% Engage in school, university, and professional service activities as needed.
- A Ph.D. or D.B.A. in accounting.
- Demonstrated ability or potential to conduct high quality research and publish in top tier journals.
- A demonstrated record of effective teaching in area of accounting at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
Evaluation of these requirements will be made through (1) letter of application describing experience and accomplishments; (2) record of productivity in teaching, research and service as noted in CV; (3) research statement and supplemental materials (e.g., publications); (4) teaching statement and supplemental materials (teaching portfolio, sample syllabi, teaching evaluations); (5) information provided by three professional references.
For appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor:
- A Ph.D. or D.B.A. degree in accounting (must be earned by August 18, 2019).
- Demonstrated teaching excellence in accounting.
- Demonstrated excellent scholarship (or potential for excellent scholarship) as shown through publications and working papers.
- A Ph.D. in accounting.
- Productive record of teaching excellence in accounting.
- Demonstrated excellent scholarship as shown through publications that have enabled the candidate to be successfully promoted to an Associate Professor at research-oriented university of a similar or higher research profile as the University of Kansas.
- A Ph.D. in accounting.
- Established record of teaching excellence in accounting.
- Sustained record of excellent scholarship as shown through publications that have enabled the candidate to be successfully promoted to a Full Professor at research-oriented university of a similar or higher research profile as the University of Kansas.
- Demonstrated ability to work with doctoral students.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- on-line application;
- current CV;
- cover letter;
- research samples;
- contact information for three professional references. Letters of recommendation will be requested from selected applicants as the search process moves beyond the initial screening round.