Assistant Coordinator – By Appt Tutoring Pilot Graduate Student Hourly - 18956BR
Assistant Coordinator – By Appt Tutoring Pilot Graduate Student Hourly
- 25% - Support the physical and online set-up of by-appointment tutoring.
- 15% - Assist with the recruitment and hiring of tutors.
- 15% - Support and participate in tutor training.
- 15% - Schedule and participate in tutor observations and follow-up meetings.
- 10% - Design and distribute program materials to tutors and students.
- 10% - Compile student evaluations and tutor reflections each semester.
- 5% - Track and report student attendance.
- 5% - Other duties as assigned.
This position does require the ability to work 15-20 hours per week. Work hours typically will fall between 8:00am-5:00pm with some occasional hours outside of that timeframe.
- KU graduate student enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours and in good academic standing.
- Demonstrated experience in training and public speaking as evidenced by coursework and/or work experience.
- Prior experience requiring attention to detail as demonstrated in application.
- Previous experience as a peer tutor or SI Leader as an undergraduate student.
- Able to take initiative and work independently while also collaborating with professional staff.
- Excellent verbal communication skills as demonstrated by the interview.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Teams, and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Cover letter including responses to why you are interested in this position, what graduate program you are pursuing, and how your prior experiences have prepared you for this position
- Contact information of three professional references that can attest to your qualifications and work experience