Assistant Coordinator - Small Group Tutoring Graduate Student Hourly - 18955BR
Assistant Coordinator - Small Group Tutoring Graduate Student Hourly
- 20% - Assist with the coordination of CRLA Level 1 Certification of all ALC tutors
- 20% - Prepare monthly billing reports
- 20% - Schedule and participate in tutor observations and follow-up meetings
- 15% - Compile student evaluations and tutor reflections each semester
- 10% - Collaborate with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to track and determine student fee waiver eligibility
- 10% - Support and participate in tutor training
- 5% - Other duties as assigned
This position does require the ability to work 15-20 hours per week. Work hours typically will fall between 8:00am-5:00pm with some occasional hours outside of that timeframe.
- KU graduate student enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours and in good academic standing.
- Demonstrated experience in training and public speaking as evidenced by coursework and/or work experience.
- Prior experience requiring attention to detail as demonstrated in application materials.
- Previous experience as a peer tutor or SI Leader as an undergraduate student.
- Able to take initiative and work independently while also collaborating with professional staff.
- Excellent verbal communication skills as demonstrated by the interview.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Teams, and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Cover letter including responses to why you are interested in this position, what graduate program you are pursuing, and how your prior experiences have prepared you for this position
- Contact information of three professional references that can attest to your qualifications and work experience