Assistant Director – eProcurement Systems - 10590BR
Assistant Director – eProcurement Systems
30% Systems - Works to implement and maintain systems and processes focused on best in class solutions, continuous improvement and effective cost management. Ensures that eProcurement systems are operational and supported. Responsible for assisting and/or designing, delivering, implementing new software, related upgrades, product enhancements and integrations. Works with campus stakeholders in developing and implementing best procurement practices in higher education. Engages in partnerships to ensure that communication across the campus community is effective and training of users is frequent and available to ensure a high level of satisfaction by customers, product partners, and system users. Serves as liaison between functional areas and the Financial Systems team at KU. Assists in technical issues resolution.
10% Supplier Enablement and System Usage - Works closely with Supplier Enablement personnel to enable contracted vendors in the eProcurement system. Drives changes to end-user purchasing behavior by simplifying system processes and introducing standardization where applicable. Monitors end-user eProcurement system usage and behavior to ensure compliance to purchasing policies, procedures, use of preferred vendor agreements, and identifies potential policy, procedure or system enhancements to improve the user experience. Analyzes procurement information to enhance training effectivity. Drives implementation of preferred supplier relationships across campus by developing internal marketing action plans and executing them effectively within the eProcurement system.
20% Help Desk/Customer Service - Works with the Director of Procurement Services, Associate Director of Procurement Operations and Strategic Sourcing, the Assistant Director of Accounts Payable to develop, implement and operate best in class help desk and training programs related to eProcurement systems and Procurement Services functions. Supervise the help desk/training staff. Develop and maintain systems for tracking issues and for communicating the information to Procurement Services leadership and to end users.
5% - Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR a high school diploma and 7 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to communicate to a wide constituency of business partners and users.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint (samples of work may be requested).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present in groups as evidenced by application materials and interview.
Some travel may be requried.
- 3 years of experience leading and/or managing the implementation and/or upgrade of complex systems in one or more of the following areas; ERP financial tracking, accounts payables processing or eProcurement systems.
- 2 years’ experience in project management, organizational development, change management, training or related fields.
- 2 years’ experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), eProcurement, eBid Systems, Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Procure-To-Pay (P2P) processes and systems.
- Experience with Oracle and Maximo.
- Moderate understanding of XML and cXML.
- Purchasing, Payables or Information Systems experience at a college or university.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins December 26, 2017. Applications will be accepted until January 31, 2018 or until position is filled.