Assistant Director, Center for Service Learning - 12272BR
Assistant Director, Center for Service Learning
- Act as liaison with KU student organizations that work in the area of community engagement, service learning and social responsibility
- Provide appropriate student programming to facilitate service learning engagement at the University of Kansas including on topics such as orientation to service learning and ethical service
- Manage assigned events such as student recognition and awards, Pathways to Service, etc.
- Lead efforts to increase KU student participation in service learning programs and activities
- Advise individual students and student groups
- Work with Career and Experiential Learning team members to promote and highlight relevant students and service learning projects to internal and external partners
- Instruct multiple sections of the service learning course UNIV 492, including recruitment, coordination of student scholarships, and oversight of student service learning agreements with community partners.
- Promote and assist in the facilitation of the service learning certificate
- Master’s degree. Degree requirements completed by time of appointment
- Excellent written communication skills as evidenced by the application materials
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to present clearly to small and large groups as evidenced through work history.
- Experiences working in service learning and community engagement
- Experience moderating/facilitating group conversations
- Experience working with students and student groups, preferable in higher education
- Experience working effectively with a broad range of stakeholders and constituency groups as evidenced by previous employment and/or time in academic settings
Additional Candidate Instructions
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met.
3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications is Tuesday, July 17, 2018.