Assistant or Associate Professor of the Practice/Practicum Supervisor - 13043BR
Assistant or Associate Professor of the Practice/Practicum Supervisor
Our department and the university are dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment. Individuals who are committed to furthering these causes are encouraged to apply. We especially welcome applicants from groups traditionally underrepresented in Applied Behavioral Science. This includes, but is not limited to, women, racial and ethnic underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQIA individuals as well as those residing at the intersection of these axis. The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S. prior to the start of the position.
Lawrence, KS is an excellent place to live. It is an affordable and progressive city with a lively arts and music scene, excellent schools, high quality restaurants, economical living, and a diverse cultural mix. It has often been called the "Austin of Kansas." It is also less than an hour drive from Kansas City.
Develop and teach four courses per calendar year.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings, usually three hours per section. In case of absence, the incumbent must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class; classes should not be cancelled.
- Develop assignments, design class activities, respond to and evaluate student work in a timely manner, assign grades. Adhere to department, college, and university policies.
- Hold regular office hours for students involved in classes taught. A minimum of three posted office hours each week is required.
- Coordinate and lead weekly group supervision meetings with students enrolled in a practicum course.
- Collaborate with on-site practicum supervisors to ensure the development of relevant professional skills.
- Ensure practicum experience fulfills requirements of the BACB (Behavior Analyst Certification Board)
- Doctoral degree from a nationally accredited university in behavior analysis, or closely related field, expected by the start date of the appointment.
- At least one year with board certification in behavior analysis
- Assistant Professor of the Practice Level - At least five (5) years of demonstrated successful professional experience in behavior analytic research and/or practice (experience could be obtained during graduate training) OR Associate Professor of the Practice Level - At least eight (8) years of demonstrated successful professional experience in behavior analytic research and/or practice (some of the experience could have been obtained during graduate training).
- Demonstrated successful experiences in working effectively with service providers from a variety of disciplines.
- University teaching experience.
- Online University teaching experience.
- Administrative experience.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Only complete application packages submitted online will be considered. In addition to the materials above, learning about each applicant's contribution and engagement in areas of diversity is an important part of KU's mission. As a result, applicants will be presented the following questions at the time of application. Each response must be within 4,000 characters or less.
- Please describe your experience, approach or methodologies to create and implement inclusive teaching and advising practices, pedagogical techniques and course materials to create an inclusive classroom environment.
- In your current and/or previous role, please provide an example outlining how you demonstrate your ongoing commitment in working with diverse groups/populations.