Assistant Professor in Pharmacology and Toxicology - 10293BR
Assistant Professor in Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Development and maintenance of an active, externally funded research program in pharmacology as described below. (40% effort)
- Preparation and presentation of lectures and other teaching approaches in graduate and undergraduate courses in the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology. (40% effort)
- Participate in service activities at the level of the Department, School, University and profession. (20% effort)
- Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent degree in an appropriate discipline, such as Pharmacology or Toxicology, Neuroscience, Immunology, Physiology, Biochemistry, or Cell, Chemical and/or Molecular Biology.
- Research experience; 3 years (minimum) post-doctoral experience in one of the following areas: pharmacology, toxicology, cell and molecular biology or a closely related field.
- Candidates should demonstrate outstanding potential for obtaining external funding for their research proposals with translational impact.
- Demonstrated success in publishing research findings in nationally and internationally recognized journals.
- General expertise or comparable experience that supports an interest in, and an ability to teach, broad aspects of general pharmacology and toxicology in the context of a professional Pharm. D. program.
- Candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct or contribute to interdisciplinary research projects and a record of collaborative interactions with scientists in diverse fields
- Potential for productive collaborations with investigators in the home department, the School of Pharmacy and the University of Kansas.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Referees will not be contacted without the permission of the candidate. Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2017 and will continue as necessary to fill the positions.