Assistant Researcher Senior - 21557BR
Assistant Researcher Senior
- Assist with ensuring that the projects meet the goals and objectives of the funder in cooperation with federal, state, and local partners
- Track and coordinate deliverables, work plan, and timelines for timely and high-quality completion and of work
- Plan, prepare, and facilitate meetings involving internal staff and external partners
- Support partner programs in accessing, understanding, and using their data and research and evaluation findings
- Assist with supervision of student hourlies, graduate students, or research assistants in carrying out research activities
- Assist with managing and securing program data
- Collaborate with programs under guidance from project leaders to identify and implement data collection protocols and tools
- Identify, prepare, and support data files, syntax, and analysis for evaluation and research projects, including advanced statistical analyses as appropriate
- Assist with data formatting, processing, and analysis using Excel, SPSS, R, and other applications
- Contribute to design, implementation, and maintenance of data-informed reports and analytics solutions including data visualizations and dashboards for different audiences (e.g., community stakeholders, policy makers, scholars)
20% Research Methodology and Synthesis
- Participate in the development and design of evaluation and research plans
- Conduct multi-faceted evaluation and research projects as part of a team
- Provide synthesis of research literature and/or evaluation and research project findings.
- Assist with preparing charts, tables, graphs, and written summaries of research and evaluation data and findings using excel and other data visualization applications
- Assist senior researchers with preparation of written research and evaluation reports and manuscripts for publication, serving as a co-author as appropriate
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and three years of related experience.
- 1 year of experience managing complex data, including primary data collection and administrative datasets.
- 1 year of experience analyzing data and visualizing data to inform practice or programmatic learning as demonstrated by work experience.
- Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated by application materials and previous work history.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience working independently and as part of a team, as demonstrated in application materials and work experience.
- Master’s degree in Social Science or related field
- 1-2 years of experience in studying children and/or youth and/or families, as demonstrated in application materials.
- 1-2 years of experience communicating research and facilitating collaboration between stakeholders and community partners, demonstrated by application materials.
- One year of experience using Microsoft Access or other relational database management system.
- One year of experience using statistical analysis software, such as SPSS, SAS, Stata, or R.
Additional Candidate Instructions
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
- Contact information for up to three references
Review of applications begins on May 16th and continues as needed to collect a pool of qualified applicants.