Assistant Researcher - 11421BR
30% - 2. Preparing, maintaining and operating automation workstations, assay plates, compound management and assisting HTS staff as needed.
20% - 3. General laboratory maintenance, maintenance of cell culture facilities and incubators, autoclaving, laboratory safety implementation and supply ordering, receiving and stocking. Up to date maintenance of Lab Safety documentation, Cell line and chemical inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or related field.
- Experience with the basic laboratory techniques and biological assays.
- Strong troubleshooting skills in assay development as evidenced by experience.
- Analytical computer expertise for data analysis.
- Experience documenting and following procedures.
- Experience utilizing safe laboratory procedures.
- Effective written communication skills as judged by application materials submitted.
Standing or walking for more than a combined total of four hours/day in order to do bench work in various labs.
Lifting of up to 20 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 10 pounds of lab supplies.
Use of both hands to perform experiments in the lab.
Sitting for six hours out of an eight hour work day while completing analysis.
- BS (with 3 years of laboratory experience) or a Master’s degree in biology.
- Experience with cell culture techniques other than routine maintenance
- Experience in high throughput screening and reproducible data generation.
- Experience with biochemical assay development.
- Experience with Excel and Word.
- Experience in high content imaging or label free technology a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team based environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Review of applications begins April 2, 2018 and will continue as needed to fill the position. To ensure consideration apply before the application review date.