Assistant Researcher - 11589BR
|80% - 1. Responsible for performance of laboratory research in the area of organic synthesis. Synthesize target compounds including small molecules, peptides and fluorescent molecules. Medicinal chemistry optimization of molecules through SAR studies. Purify and analyze products.|
10% - 3. Literature searches and analysis of published data. Generation and review of experimental documentation including report generation, daily recording of experimental procedures and results generated by the individual in laboratory notebooks.
5% - 4. Maintain certain laboratory equipment and record keeping. Train other lab personnel on the proper use and care of specialized equipment, provide general assistance to other lab personnel.
5% - 5. Assure compliance with safety programs. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or closely related field with educational background in organic synthesis, medicinal chemistry and chemical biology and/or other related fields.
- Prior experience in contemporary medicinal or organic synthesis.
2. Demonstrated ability to work successfully as part of a collaborative research effort.
3. Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Experience in medicinal chemistry or chemical biology.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application includes: an online application, cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The cover letter and resume should clearly indicate how you meet the required and preferred qualifications.
Review of applications begins April 23, 2018. For consideration, apply before the application review date.