Assistant Researcher - 22171BR
- 40% Microbiology and bacterial genetics including patching colonies, evolution experiments, construction of new strains.
- 30% Molecular biology and biochemistry such as cloning, PCR, nucleic acid extraction, and culture extractions for mass spec analysis.
- 20% Lab tasks including inventory and ordering of supplies, coordinating with undergraduate students to complete lab maintenance/chores including dishes, making media and other reagents, autoclaving and stocking supplies, etc.
- 10% Work on an independent research project (if interested). to be agreed upon with the PI.
- Position will be a combination of telework and on-site work.
- B.S. in Biology or closely related field.
- Experience with molecular biological techniques as evidenced by application materials.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including DNA purification kits, PCR, agarose gel electrophoresis and primer design.
- Experience with microbiology culturing techniques such as aseptic technique, streaking plates, and patching colonies.
- Experience with bacterial genetics such as transformation, plasmid construction, PCR verification of new strains.
- Experience with handling pathogenic bacteria and working in a BSL-2 laboratory.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Application deadline is May 22nd, 2022. To be considered, please apply by this date.