Assistant Researcher - 22547BR
The Biopharmaceutical Innovation and Optimization Center (BIO Center) provides drug delivery, solubilization, and stabilization services to researchers. The Center is located on the KU Lawrence West campus in McCollum Research Laboratory. The BIO Center works with researchers at the University of Kansas and with experts around the world to transform new discoveries into products for patients. A large portion of the Centers research is conducted in partnership with the KU Cancer Center (KUCC). The KUCC is one of 67 NCI- designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the United States.
- Assist with the development, design, and implementation of research to meet customer expectations. Assist with identifying and solving research problems. Assist with the writing research protocols. Conduct research, working as part of a research team in scientific areas consistent with general research areas of the BIO Center and its affiliated researchers. Activities including operating skilled instrumentation per protocols and SOP's (LCMS/MS, HPLC), monitor output, and performs analysis of data. Conducts research, working as part of a research team and performs research related activities. Interacts with other researchers and collaborates on lab techniques, study methodology, and suggests new techniques.
- Assist with the data analysis for customers. Monitor the integrity of data collection and appropriate use of protocols, Standard Operating Procedures. Update documentation and analytical methodology used in support of formulations. Provide technical and/or research related support for performing a broad range of complex laboratory and/or research related tasks. Assist with the identification of problems, recommend and implement solutions. Coordinate data collection and screening to verify data. Acquires and performs analysis of data.
- Actively participate in the activities of the BIO Center including, but not limited to, participation in scientific seminars, participate in group meetings and relevant seminars, reporting progress for the benefit of reports, collaborating with Center scientists. Coordinates with others to refine or adapt methodologies to fit research requirements.
- Conduct literature search and research activities independently in labs. Assist with preparation of scientific manuscripts for publication and assistance in compiling data for filing patents and seminars including maintenance of detailed records of research and findings. All relevant data must be recorded in a laboratory notebook following a standard style utilized by the laboratory.
2. Demonstrated knowledge through education or experience of chemical principles and their applications in a laboratory.
3. Experience in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software (MS Office) as evidenced in application materials.
4. Organizational skills as demonstrated by application materials and previous work experience.
5. Ability to work in a team, as demonstrated through experience.
6. Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated by application materials.
2. Experience in drug development research, including analytical chemistry, mass spectrometry, bioanalytical chemistry, and HPLC Chromatography.
3. Experience with HPLC method development including optimization of chromatographic separations, column selection and adjustments to the HPLC instrumentation.
4. Experience in solubilization of experimental compounds and preparation of dosing solutions.
5. Experience, or willingness to learn about performing periodic maintenance and repairs on LCMS and Mass Spectrometry instrumentation, as evidenced in application materials.