Assistant/Associate Professor of Practice in School Psychology - 17088BR
Assistant/Associate Professor of Practice in School Psychology
The position is located in the Department of Educational Psychology in the School Education at the University of Kansas, Lawrence campus. The School Psychology program has a Ph.D. and an Ed.S. program that are approved by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) and are accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education/Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (NCATE/CAEP), and the Kansas State Department of Education (KSDE). The Ph.D. program is also accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
The University of Kansas is a major educational and research institution with 29,000 students on five campuses, 2,600 faculty members, and service centers throughout the state. The main campus is in Lawrence, a vibrant, thriving community of more than 90,000 that is just 40 miles west of Greater Kansas City and 20 miles from the state capital. KU, a member of the Association of American Universities, consistently earns excellent ratings for its academic programs from U.S. News and World Report. It has also committed itself to expanding its innovative research and commercialization programs. The special education program consistently ranks number one among public institutions.
- Ph.D. in School Psychology or closely related clinical field (e.g., Clinical, Clinical Child, or Counseling Psychology) if there is evidence of training in working with children and schools.
- Professional psychology license or eligibility for such license in the state of Kansas.
- Graduated from an APA-accredited program
Additional Candidate Instructions
- A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
- 3 Professional References
Application review will begin May 21, 2020 and will continue until a qualified pool of candidates is identified.